I am really new on this whole blogger site, so I have alot of catching up to do! I have been looking through all my millions of photos and came across this picture of Halloween!
One of our family traditions is Halloween at my mom's house, YES you had to be dressed up! If you didn't have a costume my mother would show you the way to her dress up closet. This was one of my favorite holidays. We would all go to the pumpkin patch and was able to pick out our own, then we'd sit and carve them out with our own styles... It was such a rush to get all the kids done but what a relief when all said and done and the jack o lanters were all lite in front of grandma's house! Total came to 15, it was pretty brite.. LOL
When it came to dinner we always looked forward to the feast in the pumpkin. Oh ya! I said the pumpkin, it was amazing. The sweet pumpkin roll was to die for, one of my favorite dishes! The "wasille" excuse the spelling was a nice warm treat. It is a grape juice with cinnamon and cloves heated up. Yummy!!! All said and done with dinner, the kids would rush off to trick o treat and challenge each other who could get the most candy! And the sorting began and the dentist bill came later. If ya know what I mean!!!
I also wanted to give a nice tribute to my mother, having this family tradition at her house every year is so meaningful to me! She is such an amazing and giving women. TO put on this event at her house takes alot of planning and preperation and she has so much patience that she doesn't even bat an eye! Don't worry MOM, you'll have another post just about you...... YOU ARE THE BEST.................................
I love the fact that my entire family can get together and share these wonderful momments together and see the love for each other. I can't wait for this coming year to see all the new and upcoming ideas and yummy treats :)
One of our family traditions is Halloween at my mom's house, YES you had to be dressed up! If you didn't have a costume my mother would show you the way to her dress up closet. This was one of my favorite holidays. We would all go to the pumpkin patch and was able to pick out our own, then we'd sit and carve them out with our own styles... It was such a rush to get all the kids done but what a relief when all said and done and the jack o lanters were all lite in front of grandma's house! Total came to 15, it was pretty brite.. LOL
When it came to dinner we always looked forward to the feast in the pumpkin. Oh ya! I said the pumpkin, it was amazing. The sweet pumpkin roll was to die for, one of my favorite dishes! The "wasille" excuse the spelling was a nice warm treat. It is a grape juice with cinnamon and cloves heated up. Yummy!!! All said and done with dinner, the kids would rush off to trick o treat and challenge each other who could get the most candy! And the sorting began and the dentist bill came later. If ya know what I mean!!!
I also wanted to give a nice tribute to my mother, having this family tradition at her house every year is so meaningful to me! She is such an amazing and giving women. TO put on this event at her house takes alot of planning and preperation and she has so much patience that she doesn't even bat an eye! Don't worry MOM, you'll have another post just about you...... YOU ARE THE BEST.................................
I love the fact that my entire family can get together and share these wonderful momments together and see the love for each other. I can't wait for this coming year to see all the new and upcoming ideas and yummy treats :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment